Professional Development Grant Proposal For Activities related to Assessment of Student Learning
Departments are encouraged to apply for funds to support activities related to the development of assessment plans. Write responses to the items listed in a memo, or use the Assessment Grant Proposal form, and submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals will be reviewed by the Council for Assessment of Student Learning.
- Applicant Name
- Unit name
- The activity (title, short description, timeline) for which funds are being requested.
- Amount requested
- Intended audience
- Will the unit allocate any funds to the activity?
Signatures from department head and dean/vice chancellor are required.
If funded, the applicant must provide a brief report of the activity on completion.
What might be funded? Ideas include:
- Travel to an assessment-related conference or a discipline conference that includes sessions on program assessment.
- Food for a department mini-retreat where faculty work on the assessment plan.
- Stipend for the assessment coordinator
- Student help for data collection and analysis