Electrical and Computer Enginrering B.S. Program Outcomes
The mission of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at UMD is to provide a high quality educational opportunity for students by delivering a program with a strong hands-on laboratory and design component in conjunction with a thorough foundation in theory and to provide students with the tools and skills to be a life-long major contributor to their profession and society as a whole.
At the end of the program, our graduates should KNOW: (Cognitive outcomes)
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to engineering
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
At the end of the program, our graduates should be able to demonstrate these SKILLS: (Behavioral outcomes)
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
- An ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
At the end of the program, our graduates should hold these PROFESSIONAL VALUES: (Affective Outcomes)
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to engage in lifelong learning