Performance B.Mus. Program Outcomes
Performance, Band or Orchestral Instruments
As a result of participation in and completion of the requirements of the Music Performance degree program, band or orchestral instruments, the students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of a wide variety of musical styles, forms, history, artists, and pedagogy.
2. Perform on their major instrument at an advanced level.
3. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of music theory, history, and literature.
4. Select and utilize solo and chamber music literature and materials of instruction for their applied
instrument as well as other applied areas.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of pedagogical techniques and materials for teaching in the private studio.
6. Utilize improvisational techniques in performance and pedagogy.
7. Utilize strategies for building a career as a professional musician (e. g.; establish a teaching studio,
networking, funding opportunities, personal business management)
8. Demonstrate and model appropriate professional standards of ethical behavior.
Performance: Vocal Emphasis
As a result of participation in and completion of the requirement of the Vocal Performance major, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of styles and diction from English, Italian, German, and French language groups appropriate for the performance of art songs and arias.
2. Demonstrate advanced level ensemble performing skills.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of history, literature, and pedagogy related to the solo voice.
4. Utilize appropriate: stage presence, etiquette and protocol for professional vocal auditions, recitals, oratorio and opera performances.
5. Demonstrate and model appropriate professional standards of ethical behavior.