Theory and Composition B.Mus. Program Outcomes
As a result of participation in and completion of the requirement of the Theory and Composition major, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary and historical musical styles, form, analytical and theoretical methods, history, artists, and pedagogy.
2. Prepare a diverse and advanced body of compositions for performance.
3. Understand and develop performance materials applicable to the needs of musicians in varied settings and genres.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of, and utilize, advanced analytical skills.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of the music industry, music technology, and the interpersonal skills needed by composers to earn a living in this type of business.
6. Create compositions using various means, including, but not limited to, improvisational techniques, pre-compositional material, and model compositions.
7. Demonstrate and model appropriate professional standards of ethical behavior.