During fall semester 2013, the ILT identified campus goals related to internationalization. The internationalization review, a campus forum, and working groups addressing specific aspects of internationalization at UMD will provide a foundation for developing these goals. The ILT will then develop a systematic plan to achieve these identified goals. This plan will likely include a vision and mission for internationalization at UMD, action steps to achieve each of the identified goals, and objectives and measures to monitor achievement of the goals.
Draft Internationalization Goals
December 3, 2013 Version
1. UMD will support and increase participation in diverse, global, and intercultural curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities to prepare students to be globally engaged citizens.
2. UMD will build an inclusive, welcoming and interactive campus by advancing international and intercultural perspectives in all aspects of campus life.
3. All UMD graduate students will gain significant and extensive international experience.
4. UMD will expand internationally focused research, scholarship, and creative activities.
5. UMD will collaborate with community to engage worldwide through strategic partnerships, exchange of students, research and creative activities, service-learning, and public service.
6. UMD will provide sufficient infrastructure; technologies; and information, human and financial resources to support internationalization of the campus.
Did you find what you were looking for? YES NO