Work on the internationalization review began in October 2012 and was completed in August 2013. This comprehensive review examined all aspects of internationalization at UMD and was guided by a list of questions that focused the review. The review process included the following components:
• The ILT answered the questions in the review based on information available to the members, who have varied responsibilities related to international activities on campus.
• The deans and other representatives of the five collegiate units were interviewed during fall semester 2012 using an extensive list of questions relevant to their units.
• During spring semester 2013, ILT members and a faculty representative from each academic department worked together to collect faculty surveys and to conduct a focus group discussion with each department following a specified protocol.
• Staff surveys and focus groups were conducted during spring semester 2013.
• Data from previously conducted and future focus groups were integrated to provide students’ perspectives on internationalization. A student survey will be conducted during September 2013 and integrated into the review report.
The ILT completed a draft of the report in early September 2013.
The report can be DOWNLOADED HERE.
Did you find what you were looking for? YES NO