Work has begun on the internationalization review and will continue through Spring semester, 2013. This comprehensive review will examine all aspects of internationalization at UMD and will be guided by a list of questions that focus this review. The review process includes the following components:
• The ILT began answering the questions in the review based on information available to the members, who have varied responsibilities related to international activities on campus.
• The deans and other representatives of the five collegiate units were interviewed during fall semester 2012 using an extensive list of questions relevant to their units.
• During spring semester 2013, ILT members and a faculty representative from each academic department will work together to collect faculty surveys and to conduct a focus group discussion with each department following a specified protocol.
• Staff surveys and focus groups will be conducted during spring semester 2013.
• Data from previously conducted and future focus groups will be integrated to provide students’ perspectives on internationalization.
The ILT anticipates completing a draft of the internationalization review report by May, 2013, with a final report being ready by August 2013.
Did you find what you were looking for? YES NO