- Log onto WCOnline.
- If you have not visited the Writers' Workshop before, you must register before you are able to make an appointment.
- Select a date and a timeslot. Open appointment timeslots are white. Slots in blue are reserved, and darker blue slots mean that tutor is not available during that time. A grey timeslot has already occurred.
- All appointments begin on the hour or on the half-hour. For example, if you want sign up for a 25 minute appointment at 10 a.m., reserve the time between 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Click on an open (white) appointment time to open the Reservation window.
- When the Reservation Window opens, you must complete the required information in order to continue. We ask this information to ensure you receive the best possible consultation. This information is considered private and is accessible only to relevant Writers’ Workshop staff.
- Please note that appointment lengths include 5 minutes of summary. For example, during a 25-minute appointment, you can expect to spend 20 minutes collaborating and 5 minutes reviewing what you discussed during the appointment.
- After completing the form in the Reservation Window, click "Save" to finish. Your appointment will now appear on the schedule in gold, and you will receive a reminder email with the date and time.
- Get ready for your appointment! Check our page on preparing for a writing session for more information.
If you have additional questions or need more assistance, please call the Writers' Workshop at 218-726-8500 or stop by the reception desk.
If for any reason you must cancel your appointment, here's what you should do.
- Log into WCOnline
- Locate your appointment on the schedule
- Select your appointment to open the reservation window
- In the reservation window, scroll to the bottom and locate the check box labeled "Cancel this Appointment"
- Click the "modify" button
Your appointment is now canceled.
You may also call the Workshop to cancel an appointment, however if there is not a staff member available, your cancellation may be missed and you could be marked as a no-show. Please do not email the desk to cancel an appointment; this will not cancel your appointment. The most effective cancellation method is through the scheduling software.
Additionally, do not cancel appointments you previously have or have not attended. Our staff and the system carefully monitor the appointments and know which appointments have been kept, which have been canceled, and which have been forgotten or skipped. As a courtesy to others seeking appointments and to the consultants, it is always best to cancel as far in advance as possible.
Remember if your account is marked with two no-show appointments, you will not be able to reserve appointment times in the future.