Mission and Values
College of Liberal Arts Advising & Academic Services
To enhance the student experience by supplying the support, resources, and education necessary to help students participate in CLA, UMD, and the broader community as confident, independent learners.
- Student success is a comprehensive, transformative process that integrates academic learning and student development.
- Timely, accurate information regarding university policies and procedures is every student’s right. Accessing this information is every student’s responsibility.
- Positive student-faculty and student-staff interactions are essential to learning, growth, and satisfaction.
- Students are responsible for making independent and informed decisions regarding their academic careers.
- Parents and/or family members and the University are partners in student development.
- Technology-based advising resources are an essential cornerstone in a comprehensive, college-wide advising program.
- Active participation in diverse communities is a prerequisite for personal development.