Written Homework Format Requirements
- The first page of your homework or lab report must contain your name,
class, section, teacher, assignment number, and date at the top of the page.
- All pages of your homework or lab report must be on 8.5 by 11 inch paper.
- Write on one side of each page only.
- Use generous margins.
- Do not cramp your work; use double spacing if necessary.
- The items required must be numbered, labeled, and in numerical order.
- Paper torn from a spiral binder is unacceptable!
- Do not write in red ink or red pencil. Pencil is fine if it shows
up well and erasures are invisible. Pen is fine if there are no
scribbled out parts or splotches. Recopy your work if necessary.
- All pages must be numbered sequentially in the upper right corner.
- All pages must be stapled together in the upper left corner (or bound
neatly in a binder).
- Lab reports and homework are due at the beginning of class on the
due date unless otherwise specified. All work must be assembled before
coming to class, including collating and stapling. Your instructor will
not provide a stapler.
- You will be graded on style: neatness, clarity, organization,
- State any additional assumptions that you make.
- Use correct English, including spelling, and mathematical notation.
- Use clearly labeled diagrams where appropriate.
Page URL: http://www.d.umn.edu
Page Author: Doug Dunham
Last Modified: Tuesday, 19-Jan-2010 15:06:37 CST
Comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org