Research and Publications
Research being conducted includes: Engineering Sustainability, Non-Destructive Evaluation Techniques, Nano Materials and Composite Manufacturing and Analysis, Machining of Composite Materials, Sensors and Signal Processing, Intelligent Health Monitoring Algorithms, Applied Mechanical Optimization, Quality Assurance and Process Control, and Engineering Education. On-going funded research projects are "Integrated Lateral Photovoltaic Systems" and Development of Constant Life Diagrams for Metals Using Sustainable Approach.
- Y. Prawoto, J.R.P. Djuansjah, W.B. Wan Nik, E. Enemuoh, “Critical view on the usage of C-ring specimen for stress corrosion crack (SCC) test on orthopedic implant: Experimental, numerical, and analytical approaches,” Journal of Materials Science and Engineering C 32, pp. 1271 – 1279. Elsevier 2012. .
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel U. and Kwofie, Samuel, “Integrating Study Abroad Experience with Teaching Sustainability Course in Africa,” ASEE North Midwest Conference Proceedings, University of Minnesota, Duluth, October 13 – 15, 2011.
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel U. and Kwofie, Samuel, “Design with Sustainability Analysis: Case Study of Renewable Bicycle Frame,” ASEE North Midwest Conference Proceedings, University of Minnesota, Duluth, October 13 – 15, 2011.
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel U. and Singh, Sid, “Laterally Integrated Photovoltaic Device: Economic and Sustainability”, E3 2010, The Midwest’s Premier Energy, Economic and Environmental Conference Proceedings.
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel Ugo, "Designed Experimental Study on Set-up Parameters of Acousto-Ultrasonic NDE of Adhesively Bonded Lap Joints", North Midwest Regional Conference Proceedings, American Society for Engineering Education, 2006.
- A.C. Okafor, N. Singh, U.E. Enemuoh, S.V. Rao, "Design, Analysis and Performance of Adhesively bonded Composite Patch Repair of Cracked Aluminum Aircraft Panels," Composite Structures, Vol. 71, No 1, 2005, pp 258-270.
- Enemuoh, E. Ugo, El-Gizawy, A. Sherif, "Optimal Neural Network Model for Characterization of Process-Induced Damage in Drilling Carbon Fiber Reinforced Epoxy Composites", Machining Science and Technology, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp.389-400, 2003.
- Louis I. Nzegwu and Emmanuel Ugo Enemuoh, "The Impact of Physical Distribution Management in Nigeria Organizations," Proceedings of Inaugural Conference of the Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development, Queensland, Australia, July 2004.
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel Ugo, "Integrating Design of Experiments and Writing into a Manufacturing Processes Course", North Midwest Regional Conference Proceedings, American Society for Engineering Education, 2003.
- Enemuoh, E. Ugo, El-Gizawy, A. Sherif, "A Robust Neural Network Model for On-line Prediction of Process-Induced Damage in Drilling Epoxy Composites", CIRP - Intelligent Computation on Manufacturing Engineering, 2002.
- Enemuoh, E. Ugo, El-Gizawy, A. Sherif, and Okafor, A. Chukwujekwu, "An Approach for Development of Damage-Free Drilling of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Thermosets", International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol. 41, 2001, pp. 1795 – 1814.
- Amaravadi, V., Rao, V., Enemuoh, E., and Derriso, M. M., "Structural Integrity Monitoring of Adhesively Bonded Composite Patch Repairs of Aging Airframes", Proceedings of The 3rd International Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring Stanford University, Stanford, CA, September 2001.
- Enemuoh, E. Ugo, El-Gizawy, A. Sherif, and Okafor, A. Chukwujekwu, "Neural Network Based Sensor Fusion for On-line Prediction of Delamination and Surface Roughness in Drilling AS4/PEEK Composites," Transactions of NAMRI of SME, 1999, Vol. XXVII, pp. 263 – 268.
- Enemuoh, E. Ugo, El-Gizawy, A. Sherif, and Okafor, A. Chukwujekwu, "Machinability Characterization in Drilling Graphite Fiber-Reinforced Composites," Technical Paper of NAMRI of SME, 1998, Vol. XXVI, pp. 45 – 50.
- Enemuoh, E. Ugo, El-Gizawy, A. Sherif, and Okafor, A. Chukwujekwu, "Multi-Sensor Monitoring of Drilling in Advanced Fiber Reinforced Composites," SPIE – International Society for Optical Engineering, 1997, Vol. 3042, pp. 410 – 420.
Funded Research and Academic Activities
Since joining UMD in 2001, Dr. Enemuoh has received over One Million US dollar funds that are related to his teaching and research missions as follows:
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel (co-PI), PI: P.I. Cohen and co-PIs: P.P. Ruden, J.R. Leger, J.J. Talghader “Integrated Lateral Photovoltaic Systems.” My contribution to the proposal was “Economic Analysis of Integrated Lateral Photovoltaic Systems”, UMN-IREE, Three Years grant Summer Support for me and Three years support for a graduate student, 2009 – 2012, $800,000 [Funded]
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel (PI), Co-PIs: Andrea J. Schokker, Richard R. Lindeke, Seraphin C. Abou, Xun Yu, Title of Project: Acquisition of an axial servo-hydrualic material testing system for interdisciplinary teaching and research at the University of Minnesota Duluth, 2009 – 2010, $212,730 [Funded]
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel (PI), “Development of a New Model For Construction of Constant-Life Diagrams for Polymer Based Composite Materials,” Chancellor’s Small Grant, 2011 - 2012. $950.00. [Funded]
- Enemuoh, Emmnauel, SCSE Faculty Development Grant, $400.00. [Funded]
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel, Acquisition of Video Materials for Teaching and Training, Chancellor’s Small Grant, 2010, $745:00, [Funded]
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel (PI). SCSE Award to support design and implementation of Ultrasonic Scanning System, $5,000 (ICR Fund), April 3, 2009.
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel (co-PI), Proposal for President’s Interdisciplinary UMD Conference on Sustainable Operations, Northeast Minnesota Regional Sustainable Development Partnership, $1068.00, June 30, 2009. [Funded]
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel (PI), NSF Fellowship on Sustainable Engineering, Center for Sustainable Engineering, University of Texas in Austin, July 15 – July 18, 2007 $3,500.
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel, Acquisition of Video Materials for Teaching and Training, Chancellor’s Small Grant, 2009. $745.00.
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel, Reinstatement and Maintenance of a System of MATLAB software, Chancellor’s Small Grant, 2008, $750.00.
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel, SCSE Travel Award, 2007, $750.
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel (PI), British Aerospace Engineering (BAE) Systems, "Research and Development of Non-Destructive Test (NDT) Methods for Detecting Voids Located at the Bond-Line Interface Between Composite Panels and the Supporting Substrate," FY 2006-2007. $10,000 [This project is still under International Trade of Arms Regulation (ITAR) contract negotiation between UMN and BAE].
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel (PI), "NSF Summer Institute Fellowship, July – August 2006," Northwestern University, Evanston Illinios, Science Fundamentals for Nano and Bio-Mechanics of Materials. $2,000 [Funded].
- Enemuoh, Emmanuel Ugo (PI), "Reasons Why STEM Topics can Incorporate into Material Processing with SolidWorks," SolidWorks STEM Faculty Grant, March 2006. Grant package includes: a copy of SolidWorks Student Edition with COSMOS, Curriculum and Courseware CD, 30 hour flexible electronic course, and access to SolidWorks STEM Teacher website with additional lessons. $12,500 [Funded].
- Emmanuel Enemuoh (PI), "Video Tapes to Enhance Learning of Advanced Manufacturing Process and Materials Science Principles," Chancellor’s Faculty Small Grant award, University of Minnesota Duluth, FY 2006; $756 [Funded]
- Emmanuel Enemuoh (PI), "Acousto Ultrasonic Evaluation of Adhesively Bonded Joints," Single Semester Leave Application, University of Minnesota, FY 2006; $26,000 [Funded].
- CSE Travel Budget Money, "Conference on SME Emerging Technology: Molecular Nanotechnology and Manufacturing: The Enabling Tools and Applications," FY 2005; $500 [Funded].
- Emmanuel Enemuoh (PI), "Acousto-Ultrasonic Characterization of Adhesive Bond Joints," U of MN Grant-in-Aid of Research, Artistry and Scholarship Program 2004; FY 2004; $25,000 [Funded].
- Emmanuel Enemuoh (PI), "Characterization of De-Icing Operations Used for Winter Road Maintenance, Northland Advanced Transportation Systems Research Laboratories (NATSRL) Summer Project Initiatives – 2004; $4,364 [Funded].
- Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program Awards, "Using Acousto-Ultrasonics to Monitor and Detect Delamination in Advanced Composite Materials," FY 2004; $1700 [Funded].
- Emmanuel Enemuoh (PI), "Grant Towards NSF Civil & Mechanical Systems Workshop for the Advancement and Retention of Underrepresented and Minority Engineering Educators, WEE ’03", $2,500 [Funded].
- Emmanuel Enemuoh (PI), "Video Tapes of Advanced Processes," Chancellor’s Faculty Small Grant 2001; FY 2002; $750 [Funded]
- Emmanuel Enemuoh (PI), "Bringing Technology with Teaching in Classroom," University of Minnesota Duluth Technology Camp 6, 2002; FY 2002; $3000 [Funded].
- Emmanuel Enemuoh (PI), "Digital Camera for Manufacturing Processes Lab," Chancellor’s Faculty Small Grant 2002; FY 2002; $750 [Funded].
- Emmanuel Enemuoh (PI), "Lab Equipment," Chancellor’s Faculty Small Grant 2001; FY 2001; $750 [Funded]
- Emmanuel Enemuoh (PI), "High Frequency AE – Low UT System," Digital Wave Corp Englewood Colorado, November 2001, $13,000 [Funded]
- Emmanuel Enemuoh (PI), "Research Start-off Fund," University of Minnesota, $50,000 [Funded].