Home Page of Dr. Helen Mongan-Rallis
Associate Professor of Education at the University of Minnesota Duluth
University of Minnesota Distinguished Teaching Professor
Apple Education Trainder
120 EduE, 412 Library Drive, Duluth MN 55812
Check/sign up* for Helen's office hours
(*only for UMD people. Others call or email to arrange meeting)
Join office hours via Google Hangout
(for people meeting me online)
- Educ 2000: Technology for Teaching and Learning (Fall 2016) Section 2
- Educ 5413: Teaching With Technology (Fall 2016)
- Intercultural Pedagogy Community of Practice (Fall 2016) - for teachers at the University of Minnesota Duluth (co-facilitating with Paula Pedersen)
- New Faculty Seminar Series (fall 2016)- for new faculty at the University of Minnesota Duluth (ca-facilitating with David Langley)
Selected Presentations and Articles (past 6 years)
- Global Classroom Collaborations with a Twist: Location Independent Teaching and Learning from Here, There and Back Again. Minnesota eLearning Summit, July 27, 2016. Helen Mongan-Rallis, Donald Rallis & Kara Hanson.
- Anything that is worth doing, is worth doing badly. Ignite Learning talk, Duluth MN April 14, 2016
- Technology for Teaching and Learning. Presentation at the American University of Phnom Penh, Cambodia. February 9, 2016
- Teaching synchronously to local and remote students. Presentation at TIES conference, Dec. 14, 2015. Helen Mongan-Rallis & Teala Heddlesten
- Students and Technology. Presentation to College of Education and Human Service Professions, UMD, Dec. 3, 2015
- The journey towards successfully flipping the classroom: a community of practice approach. Presentation at Minnesota eLearning Summit, July 29, 2015. Elizabeth Hill, Mitra Emad & Helen Mongan-Rallis (see also as Google slides version)
- Lean in and Listen. Really Listen. Keynote address, University of Minnesota Duluth Commission on Women annual luncheon, April 15, 2015
- Sharing Our Stories: UMD Flipped Classroom Community of Practice. Presentation (panel) at University of Minnesota Academy of Distinguished Teachers Conference, April 8, 2015
- Introduction to iPads - EWHA Students. Helen Mongan-Rallis, January 20, 2015
- Innovative uses of iPads in the classroom. UMD Professional Day presentation, Sept. 12, 2014. Kathryn & Helen Mongan-Rallis.
- It's not about the latest toy... it's about transforming teaching and learning using technology (and also: How to survive and thrive in the process!). Inservice at Hermantown School, August 28, 2014.
- Exploring the possibilities: teaching for the future. Presentation at Uplands College (White River, South Africa), 3 February 2014
- Teaching in a digital age. Presentation at Beaulieu School (Johannesburg, South Africa), 29 January 2014
- Academy of Distinguished Teachers Conference Oct 4, 2013:
- Learning together: reflections on the evolution of a new study abroad programme. BUTEX Symposium, York, England. 4 July 2013. Helen Mongan-Rallis & Catherine Hyde.
- Reflections on changes in teaching & learning in the USA - guest presentation, University of Worcester 15 November, 2012
- Synchronous Online Teaching as a Component of a Fully Online Course. In Anklesaria, F, Hill Duin, A, & Nater, E. (eds), (2012) Cultivating Change in the Academy: 50+ Stories from the Digital Frontlines, University of Minnesota.
- TPA for UMD Student Teachers
- When students have two moms or two dads: supporting students with gay or lesbian headed families. UMD Professional Day presentation, January 27, 2012.
- Teaching Fully Online with a synchronous Component, ADT Conference April 25, 2011
- NCATE/MN BOT Technology Showcase
- Getting started on creating your own online portfolio (this links to an example that I used during a presentation on Creating Professional Portfolios, UMD Professional Day, January 28, 2011)
- Reflections on Teaching in a Diverse Society: UMD Summer Institute, Aug 5, 2010. Helen Mongan-Rallis
- Online Learning from Here, Near, or Live from South Africa: Helen Mongan-Rallis & Terrie Shannon, IDS Workshop, Dec 7, 2009.
- Making the best of both worlds: Exploring ways to enhance teaching and learning though hybrid courses - Academy of Distinguished Teachers Conference, April 27, 2009. Mongan-Rallis, H., Shannon, T. & Pedersen, P.
Disclaimer: "The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author. The contents of the page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Minnesota."
Page last updated:
August 4, 2016