Check/sign up* for Helen's office hours
(*only for UMD people. Others call or email to arrange meeting)
Join office hours via Google Hangout
(for people meeting me online)
Dr. Helen Mongan-Rallis
Associate Professor of Education
University of Minnesota Distinguished Teaching Professor
120 EduE, 412 Library Drive, Duluth MN 55812
Forecast for Duluth MN
- The journey towards successfully flipping the classroom: a community of practice approach. Presentation at Minnesota eLearning Summit, July 29, 2015. Elizabeth Hill, Mitra Emad & Helen Mongan-Rallis (see also as Google slides version)
- Lean in and Listen. Really Listen. Keynote address, University of Minnesota Duluth Commission on Women annual luncheon, April 15, 2015
- Sharing Our Stories: UMD Flipped Classroom Community of Practice. Presentation (panel) at University of Minnesota Academy of Distinguished Teachers Conference, April 8, 2015
- Introduction to iPads - EWHA Students. Helen Mongan-Rallis, January 20, 2015
- Innovative uses of iPads in the classroom. UMD Professional Day presentation, Sept. 12, 2014. Kathryn & Helen Mongan-Rallis.
- It's not about the latest toy... it's about transforming teaching and learning using technology (and also: How to survive and thrive in the process!). Inservice at Hermantown School, August 28, 2014.
- Exploring the possibilities: teaching for the future. Presentation at Uplands College (White River, South Africa), 3 February 2014
- Teaching in a digital age. Presentation at Beaulieu School (Johannesburg, South Africa), 29 January 2014
- Academy of Distinguished Teachers Conference Oct 4, 2013:
- Learning together: reflections on the evolution of a new study abroad programme. BUTEX Symposium, York, England. 4 July 2013. Helen Mongan-Rallis & Catherine Hyde.
- Reflections on changes in teaching & learning in the USA - guest presentation, University of Worcester 15 November, 2012
- Synchronous Online Teaching as a Component of a Fully Online Course. In Anklesaria, F, Hill Duin, A, & Nater, E. (eds), (2012) Cultivating Change in the Academy: 50+ Stories from the Digital Frontlines, University of Minnesota.
- TPA for UMD Student Teachers
- When students have two moms or two dads: supporting students with gay or lesbian headed families. UMD Professional Day presentation, January 27, 2012.
- Teaching Fully Online with a synchronous Component, ADT Conference April 25, 2011
- NCATE/MN BOT Technology Showcase
- Getting started on creating your own online portfolio (this links to an example that I used during a presentation on Creating Professional Portfolios, UMD Professional Day, January 28, 2011)
- Reflections on Teaching in a Diverse Society: UMD Summer Institute, Aug 5, 2010. Helen Mongan-Rallis
- Online Learning from Here, Near, or Live from South Africa: Helen Mongan-Rallis & Terrie Shannon, IDS Workshop, Dec 7, 2009.
- Teaching Using UMConnect (pdf): Oct 29, 2009
- Tech Tips & Tricks - Workshop for UMD Education Department Professional Day, Sept. 18, 2009
- Making the best of both worlds: Exploring ways to enhance teaching and learning though hybrid courses - Academy of Distinguished Teachers Conference, April 27, 2009. Mongan-Rallis,H., Shannon, T. & Pedersen, P.