"How to" Guideline series is coordinated by Helen
Mongan-Rallis of the Education Department at the University of Minnesota
Duluth. If you have any questions, comments,
or suggestions to improve these guidelines please me at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
to Create Batch thumbnails for class photographs
Adapted from guidelines developed by Andrea
- Every class member needs to have a digital picture
taken before this activity can begin
- Place the digital pictures of all class members
in a single folder
- Open Fireworks
- Open the File Menu and Choose Batch Process
- Navigate to the folder with your class pictures
and choose Add All
- Click on the next button
- Highlight export and Add it to the Include
in Batch window
- Click on Settings pop up menu and choose
- In the Options menu make sure that JPEG
is selected as the file format and set the compression to 60%
- In the File menu make sure the constrain box is checked and set the width
to 90 pixels.
- Click OK
- Select Rename in the Batch in the Batch
Process Menu and click Add
- Choose Add Prefix
- Add thu_ to the text box next to this option
- Click next
- Save the images in the same location and click on the Batch Button
We will cover the details of way we chose these file settings in greater depth
during future lessons.
steps, creating a larger image that is 150 pixels wide (proportions constrained).
Add the prefix image_ to this version of the batch job. These images are now
ready for students to retrieve from a folder through file sharing. Students
will have to hunt for their picture, as the file names will be the camera default.
to the Index of How To Guidelines