Resources on GLBT Issues
Twin Ports (Duluth - Superior)
- Together for Youth & Queer Youth Together.
(218) 722-5053 or email: email@example.com
- GLBT Student Services, University of Minnesota Duluth. Offers a variety of resources & links that are designed for UMD students but many are useful to others beyond the UMD campus. Examples:
- Twin Ports GLBT Resource Directory: Extensive listings of cafes/coffeehouses, religious congregations, counseling services, health and wellness, housing services, information, inns and resorts, law enforcement, legal/political services, publications, radio, safe and supportive staff in Duluth and other area schools, social groups, support groups and recovery, support services, videos & films, web sites.
MN State and National
- Advocate. An LGBT news website.
- Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere (415) 861-KIDS
- Day of Silence Project: a student-led day of action where those who support making anti-LGBT bias unacceptable in schools take a day-long vow of silence to recognize and protest the discrimination and harassment -- in effect, the silencing -- experienced by LGBT students and their allies.
- Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD).
- Gay Lesbian Straight Educational Network (GLSEN): provides a library of School Tools, Community Tools, and Reference materials (separated into: interests of youth, legal matters, fund raising,teachers.
- GFN.com. Personal Finance + Investing, Insurance, Real Estate, Career Center and Politics. Two new channels have been added to complement your experience including Travel and Marketplace.
- GLBT National Help Center: links to information and to hotlines: talkline for youth (1-800-246PRIDE) and GLBT hotline (1-800-THE-GLNH)
- Guide to college for LGBTQ students
- Human Rights Campaign.
- Lambda: Legal Defense and Education Fund 212-995-8585.
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. 202.393.5177.
- National Youth Advocacy Coalition (NYAC).
- Outfront Minnesota
- PFLAG: Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays. 202.467.8180 http://www.pflag.org/
- Queery.com. Gay and Lesbian Community.
- SIECUS (Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States) Fact Sheet on Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Adolescents. http://www.SIECUS.org/pubs/fact/fact0013.html
- Technodyke.com The Gathering Place for the Web Savvy Dyke.