Reed and Frankham
2001. How closely are molecular and
quantitative genetic measures of genetic variation? A
meta-analysis. Evolution 55:1095-1103.
- Why is it important to be able to measure
genetic variation in organisms?
- What is a key difference between molecular and
quantitative traits? Explain why
they are different.
- How do these differences affect whether or not
there is a correlation between molecular variation and quantitative
variation (at least six reasons)?
- What are the major findings of this paper?
- In the first paragraph of the discussion, why do
the authors suggest that their results are “disturbing?”