(Quick Quiz Questions)
Caceres et al. 2003. Elevated gene expression levels distinguish human from non-human
primate brains. PNAS 100:13030-13035
- How do structural differences in human and primate
brains compare to differences in gene expression?
- Why do you think the differences between gene
expression in chimp and human hearts and livers were much less dramatic?
- Why do you think it so important to have multiple
lines of evidence to support the conclusions of this paper?
- If you have unlimited resources, can you think of another way that investigators could check for biases in expression due to differences in sequences among the species in this study?
- What new hypotheses are generated from the results of this work?