(Quick Quiz Questions)
Beldade, P., K. Koops and P.M. Brakefield. Developmental constraints versus flexibility in morphological evolution. Nature 416: 844-847.
1. What is meant by evolutionary constraint?
2. What mechanisms could be responsible for evolutionary constraints?
3. How did the authors directly test the potential for independent evolution of butterfly wing features?
4. What was the purpose of relaxing artificial selection?
5. Why do you think there are no representatives in the genus Bicyclus that have large posterior and no anterior eyespots?