Cooperation and competition in pathogenic bacteria
Griffin, West and Buckling 2004
1. Why are altruistic behaviors difficult to explain from an evolutionary perspective?
2. How are the degree of relatedness and scale of competition expected to influence the evolution of altruistic behavior?
3. Why are bacteria a great study system to deal with this unresolved question that emanates from Hamiltonís rule?
4. How was relatedness and the scale of competition manipulated in this experiment?
5. To what extent is this experiment relevant to other types of organisms?