(Quick Quiz Questions)
Pfennig. 1999. Cannibalistic tadpoles that pose the greatest threat to kin are most likely to discriminate kin. Proc. R. Soc. Long B. 266:57-61.
1. Why is this study system well-suited for studying the predictions of inclusive fitness theory?
2. What was the central hypothesis of this work and what was the key piece of data that supported it?
3. What role does plasticity play in the cannibalistic behavior of these tadpoles?
4. Explain the two hypotheses discussed in this paper relating to the adaptive value of kin discrimination.
5. Which of these hypotheses was supported by the data?