Integrated Evolutionary Processes
Quick Quiz Questions
al.2003. Rescue of a severely bottlenecked wolf (Canis lupus) population by a single immigrant. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. B 270:91-97.
- What evolutionary processes are
important in this paper? Explain
why they are important.
- What would Figure 1 have looked
like if there had not been immigration?
Why? Redraw Fig.1 a and b to illustrate your point. Justify your answer.
- What evidence is presented to
support the hypothesis that there was close inbreeding after the extinct
population was refounded by a single female?
- Describe another contemporary
scenario that you are familiar where similar evolutionary processes may be
- Is genetic mixing to bolster
variation in endangered populations always a good idea? Why or why not.