GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL WRITTEN ASSIGNMENTS
- Paper: 8.5 x 11", white, standard bond paper.
- Type: Font size should be no less than 10, nor more
- Spacing: Double spaced or space and one-half.
- Margins: One-inch on all sides.
- Title Page: Each assignment must have a title page
which, at a minimum, includes: the title of the assignment, course
name, section, student's name, and date.
- Page #s: Except for a title page, all pages should
be numbered at the bottom center.
- Length: All assignments should conform exactly to
the number of pages given. Note that the number of pages does
not include the cover page or any appendices, references, etc.
- Citations Form: All material that is not the original
work of the student/author should be cited according to the APA
Manual of Style (copies of which are available in the library
or my office).
- Grammar/Style: It is assumed that all students have
a working knowledge of grammar, punctuation, paper organization,
and correct writing style. Additional guidance can be obtained
from the APA Manual of Style: 6th Ed. (copies
of which are available in the library or my office).
- Due Date: The due dates for all assignments (including
the paper) are firm deadlines. Late assignments will be accepted
for credit only under exceptional circumstances and at the discretion
of the instructor.
- Acceptable Sources:Generally, publications such as
daily newspapers, general circulation magazines, or textbooks
are not considered by me to be "acceptable sources"
for research (except for current events). Acceptable Sources
do include books, business magazines, trade journals,
professional journals, professional reviews or the internet equivalent
of any of the above. Be sure to use caution in your internet
sources. They must be professional or "peer" review.
- Please check with me if you have any questions about a particular
The University of Minnesota is an equal
opportunity employer and educator
©1999-2000 University of Minnesota Duluth
Comments to: Ken Gilbertson