How to Request Your Diploma:
NOTE: You will need your UMD username and password.
If you need to reset them, you can call the UMD Help Desk at 218-726-8847.
Wait until ALL of your grades are posted on your transcripts before requesting your diploma.
1. Make sure you have no holds and no outstanding balance on your student account: http://www.d.umn.edu/Register/;
---Click on the 'Check for Holds' link.
2. Check that your current address is on file:http://www.d.umn.edu/people/
---At the bottom of this page, on the left, by the magnifying glass, click on 'update your information' to see what address is on file.
3. Make sure all your grades are posted to your transcript: http://www.d.umn.edu/registrar/reg_grades.htm;
---Click on 'Request a Transcript' link.
---Save an electronic copy of your transcript to your computer.
4. Complete the MAPL Graduation Requirement Survey.
---Graduation Requirement Survey (Cohorts 1-12)
---Graduation Requirement Survey (Cohorts 13+)
***If you can’t get the information to save on the fillable form, try printing to a .PDF or taking a screen shot (print screen).***
NOTE: There is a form attached to the graduation requirement survey that deals with discrepancies on the transcript.
If you transferred in courses, substituted classes, or had any other special arrangements, please note them here.
5. Email both your transcripts and the Requirement Survey to firstname.lastname@example.org;
--- Don't submit this until ALL of your grades are posted to your transcripts.
--- Your diploma will be mailed out according to the following schedule.
Term of Graduation Anticipated Diploma Mailing Date Fall 2013 February 2014 Spring 2014 July 2014 May Session 2014 August 2014 Summer Session 2014 September 2014 Fall 2014 February 2015
If you haven't received your diploma in a reasonable amount of time after the anticipated mailing date,
please contact the Degree Clearance office:
139 Darland Administration Building
University of Minnesota Duluth
1049 University Drive
Duluth, MN 55812
If you have problems, please contact the MAPL office at 218-726-6711.