HONORS SEMINAR: AMERICAN POLITICS:
Pol Sci Major essay
Write an essay on the topic, "Why I am majoring in political science."
[Max length: 2 pages] The list of questions below may stimulate
your thinking. Please note that I do not mean these as a list
of questions that you mechanically answer.
- What key question(s) do I seek to answer through this major?
- What key goal(s) am I trying to reach through this major?
- What fascinates me about political science?
- What excites me about political science?
- What do I find meaningful in political science?
- When did I first realize that I was interested in the subject matter
of political science? [SPC: This means regardless of whether
you were thinking in terms of a college major. Maybe it happened
when you were six years old.] What happened then?
- What is my first memory related to politics?
Remember: the point of the essay is to answer the first question
("Why I am majoring in political science"); answering any
of the other questions is subordinate to that, and you need not answer them
As with all your assignments, please follow this standard
Page URL: http://www.d.umn.edu/~schilton/3910/3910.Essay.PolSciMajor.2003.Fall.html
Page Author: Stephen Chilton
Link to Home Page: www.d.umn.edu/~schilton/index.html
Last Modified: September 1, 2003
Mail suggestions and comments, especially re. typos and
other errors, to: email@example.com
Honor Roll of Proofreaders and Colleagues:www.d.umn.edu/~schilton/Honor.html
This way to the UMD homepage
This way to the Political
Science Department home page
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity
educator and employer.
Copyright © 2003 Regents of the University
of Minnesota. All rights reserved.