You are here
Civil Engineering M.S.
In the Civil Engineering MS program, you'll work closely with faculty to conduct research.
The Civil Engineering building, which opened in 2010, has advanced labs available for student use, including:
- Structural strong floor and reaction wall with two 15-ton gantry cranes
- Hydraulic lab with large-scale flume
- Infrastructure materials lab
- Pavement engineering lab
- Geomaterials lab (soil and rock testing)
- Environmental lab (water chemistry)
Our curriculum includes an emphasis on sustainability, and we offer four core tracks:
- Environmental/Water Resources
- Transportation systems
The Civil Engineering Master of Science (MS) is intended for students pursuing a research emphasis and seeking in-depth knowledge in an area within civil engineering. This degree may be pursued under a thesis-based plan or a project-based plan.
This program aims to develop student proficiency in the following categories:
- Knowledge and Scholarly Formation
- Research and Methodological Skills Relevant to Field
- Communication Skills
- Leadership and Collaborative Skills
- Cultural Competence and Global Context Formation of the Field