You are here
Environmental Education MEEd
With a master's degree in Environmental Education, you will become an advanced practitioner. Graduates take on leadership roles at nature centers, outdoor and EE centers, in natural resource agencies, conservation groups, park and recreation programs, and in P-16 school settings.
- FACULTY who are dedicated to the program
- We are part of an ACTIVE REGIONAL EE COMMUNITY
- We have a campus that embraces SUSTAINABILITY
- We regularly use our campus's 55-acre BAGLEY NATURE AREA, as well as our new sustainable BAGLEY CLASSROOM for learning experiences.
- We are located in DULUTH, rated by Outdoor Magazine as one of America's Top 10 Outdoor Towns.
- MEEd graduates will be competent in the skills and understandings outlined in Excellence in Environmental Education: Guidelines for
- MEEd graduates will understand the goals, theory, practice, and history of the field of environmental education.
- MEEd graduates will understand and accept the responsibilities associated with practicing environmental education.
- MEEd graduates combine the fundamentals of high-quality education with the unique features of environmental education to design and
implement effective instruction.
- MEEd graduates enable learners to engage in open inquiry and investigation, especially when considering environmental issues that are
controversial and require students to reflect on their own and others’ perspectives.
- MEEd graduates possess the knowledge, skills, and commitment to make assessment and evaluation integral to instruction and programs.
- MEEd graduates are competent in social science research and scholarly methods.
What you can do with this degree?
In addition to the general application instructions provided by the Graduate School, visit the Environmental Education program page for specific application instructions and deadlines related to the program. Also visit the catalog requirements page linked below for additional information.
- Application for Spring Semester: email firstname.lastname@example.org