You are here
Would you like to motivate others or help employees develop a shared vision for an organization? Do you thrive working in a team setting or aspire to help others perform more effectively and feel valued? If so, the Management major may be a great fit for you.
The Management major trains students to facilitate the work of others to ensure organizational goals are accomplished. Students learn to make strategic decisions and direct the skills and efforts of people within an organization.
- The program boasts a 98% placement rate.
- Utilize knowledge on organizations, leadership, and the external environment to make informed managerial decisions.
- Understand team dynamics and accomplish group and organizational goals by leading others.
Management majors enter careers with responsibility and opportunities to develop and demonstrate leadership skills. Graduates find exciting career opportunities in roles such as:
- Managers & Administrators
- Project Managers & Team Leaders
- Consultants & Analysts
- Operations Managers
- Family Business Managers
- Supply Chain Coordinators
Admissions and Scholarships
Students with a major in LSBE are eligible to apply for more than 120 scholarships, with the total scholarship amount in excess of $200,000 annually.
The UMD Management Club involves its members in real world business and management experience. Club activities include talks given by professionals about their careers, visits to local businesses, and career advice from professionals.
The Management faculty have received teaching and research awards. Currently, the department is home to two faculty members who have won the Horace T. Morse Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, the highest teaching honor bestowed by the University of Minnesota.
Freshmen and transfer students are typically admitted as pre-business students for all BBA majors. Admission to candidacy status, which allows access to upper division LSBE classes, typically occurs at the junior level when students have successfully completed all pre-major (pre-candidacy) course requirements and met all of the GPA standards. Students with 2.60 UM and overall, and 2.00 internal and pre-major GPAs, are admitted into the major upon completion of pre-major courses.
Recent UMD Graduates Job Placement Data & Employers
Here's a sampling of positions and grad programs Organizational Management B.B.A. grads have attained six months to one year after graduation.
- Inventory Planning Teammate - American Eagle Outfitters, Pittsburgh, PA
- Soft Goods Buyer - Duluth Pack, Duluth, MN
- Management Trainee - Enterprise Holdings, St. Louis Park, MN
- Recruiter - Maxim Healthcare, Anchorage, AK
- Senior Sourcing & Procurement Analyst - UnitedHealth Group, Minnetonka, MN
- Graduate School, Environmental Health & Safety, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Law School, Mitchell Hamline School of Law
For more data see the Organizational Management B.B.A. Graduate Follow-up Report.
For ideas about Organizational Management B.B.A. and other majors visit Career & Internship Services.