You are here
Mathematical Sciences M.S.
Critical thinking, professionalism and intuition are important components of any job. In the Mathematical Sciences MS (formerly Applied and Computational Mathematics MS) program, you will enhance these skills while you acquire a deeper knowledge of Mathematics. Degree requirements are flexible and can be tailored to student interests.
- Diverse student body
- Numerous graduate research opportunities
- May concurrently earn a community college teaching teaching certificate
- Broad and interdisciplinary program of study
- An opportunity to get 2 MS degrees in three years
- Develop effective research skills
- Strong communication skills
- Successful project management skills
- Continue to a PhD program
- Data analyst
- Systems engineer
- Financial analyst
What you can do with this degree?
This program is intended to provide a sound academic basis for careers in all areas of mathematics and statistics (including pure math) as well as in the natural, environmental, biomedical, and managerial science, engineering and in areas of research and development related to technology. About one half of our graduates continue their education at various PhD programs at recognized universities. While most students do their research in math and stat applications, many also concentrate on pure math research.
Admissions and Scholarships
Recent UMD Graduates Job Placement Data & Employers
Here's a sampling of positions Mathematical Science grads have attained six months to one year after graduation.
Will have data Summer 2021.