You are here
Psychological Science M.A.
The MAPS Program's small classes and applied experiences will prepare you for your career in the psychology field. In your courses, you'll develop research-based knowledge and skills. MAPS is a full-time program with three integrated tracks: Clinical-Counseling, Industrial-Organizational, and Experimental.
- Small student-to- faculty ratio
- Academic Excellence
- Applied Experiences
- The Duluth Community
- Students will demonstrate an advanced level of knowledge of research, theory, and application of psychological science within their program specialization.
- Students will evaluate different types of research
- Students will design and conduct research
- Students will demonstrate competence in communication skills
- Students will contribute to the collegial environment of our program
- Students will apply core disciplinary concepts, engage in scholarship, and demonstrate professional communication skills
What you can do with this degree?
Admissions and Scholarships
To date, every student has received some form of assistance to fund their graduate education.
Recent UMD Graduates Job Placement Data & Employers
Here's a sampling of positions Psychological Science grads have attained six months to one year after graduation.
|Counselor III - Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, Portland, OR|
Statistician - State of Maine, Department of Health & Human Services, Augusta, ME
|Mental Health Practitioner - Alltyr, St. Paul, MN|
Research Professional 2 - University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth, Memory Keepers Medical Discovery Team, Duluth, MN
|Clinician - Project Pathfinder, St. Paul, MN|