You are here
Tribal Administration and Governance M.T.A.G.
The Master of Tribal Administration and Governance (MTAG) is an applied development degree for current or future tribal administrators, council members and tribal leaders. MTAG courses are designed to develop the knowledge and skills you need to work as an administrator in a tribal government.
The entire program is designed to serve working adults offering weekend and online classes. Weekend sessions meet five times per semester on Friday evening and all day Saturday; students may attend in person or participate virtually for weekend sessions.
- explain and analyze the legal, cultural, and political contours of tribal sovereignty
- formulate and apply effective approaches to strategic, operational, human resource, project, and fiscal management in tribal governance contexts
- demonstrate effective applied research and methodological skills regarding tribal sovereignty, governance management, and leadership
- demonstrate effective communication skills regarding tribal sovereignty, governance management, and leadership
- identify, analyze, and apply the leadership qualities required of tribal administrators
- demonstrate the globally contextualized intercultural competencies inherently necessary for effective tribal administration and governance