You are here
Outdoor Program 40th Reunion
Outdoor Program 40th Anniversary Celebration
Due to the uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to postpone the Outdoor Program 40th Anniversary Celebration until Summer 2021. We look forward to seeing everyone on the weekend of July 16-18, 2021!
(All activities are subject to change; a final schedule will be released this spring 2021.)
Friday, July 16, 2021
- Check into your accommodations or set up your tent at the exclusive “tent city” in Bagley Nature Area or the UMD Rec Field.
- Visit the Recreational Sports and Outdoor Program facilities, tour campus, or check out gear from the Rental Center and go explore Duluth!
- Canoes available for paddling on Rock Pond.
- Barbeque at the Bagley Nature Area Classroom (snacks provided; dinner is on your own).
Saturday, July 17, 2021
- Activities including rock climbing on the UMD indoor wall, hiking in Bagley Nature Area, and sea kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding on Lake Superior.
- Social gathering on campus (dinner included).
- Free childcare will be provided on Saturday evening.
Sunday, July 18, 2021
- Outdoor activities including canoeing and kayaking the St. Louis River, rock climbing at Silver Cliff on the North Shore, hiking the Superior Hiking Trail through Duluth, and a Park Point forest hike.
Set up your tent from Friday-Sunday in the Bagley Nature Area Campground or on the designated Rec Field on UMD campus during your visit to Duluth for the 40th Reunion. It’s a convenient location for all the weekend activities!
You can find more information and connect with others on the Facebook group.
Want to make sure you're kept aware of all alumni activities related to the Outdoor Program and the 40th Reunion? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll add you to the list!