You are here
Take the next step to becoming a Bulldog
Pay the Confirmation Fee and sign up for Orientation
Congratulations on your admission to the University of Minnesota Duluth!Your next step to becoming a UMD Bulldog is to confirm your intent to enroll. Then, select an Orientation session where you’ll register for your first semester of classes at the University.
How to confirm your enrollment & sign up for Orientation
- Locate your UMD Student ID
- Create a password. Please view the tips on how to create a good password. Keep your password handy, but safe. (Do not share your password with anyone else)
- Write down your internet ID
Your University email account is the official means of communication at UMD.
The University uses Google Mail (Gmail) as our email platform. Your UMD email address is yourInternetId@d.umn.edu. For example, if your Internet Id were champ021, your email address would be email@example.com.
There are a couple of ways to access your email account:
- You can go to myu.umn.edu, sign in with your UMD Internet ID and password, and click the email icon in the upper right.
- You can go to gmail.umn.edu, sign in with your UMD Internet ID and password.
Check your email regularly and be sure to set a strong password for your account. You can also configure your phone or mobile device to receive email.
Change your Email Domain (if you've been admitted to, are transferring from, or took courses at another U of M campus) Please see this link for information on completing this process. The process typically takes 24 hours or less, other than Friday-Sunday. If it seems like your request has not been received, or if you're not sure what to do, please contact the Twin Cities Helpdesk at 612-301-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Confirmation Fee is non-refundable. When you pay the fee, you are officially accepting our offer of admission and confirming that you will enroll for and attend classes at UMD starting in the term designated in the offer. The confirmation fee funds programs that support students in their first year at the University.
High school students: $150
Transfer students: $100
- Log in to UMD's Portal with your internet ID and password. Your internet ID is everything before the @d.umn.edu of your email address.
- Click on Pay my Confirmation Fee.
- Pay the non-refundable confirmation fee.
- Click on Complete My Orientation Reservation.
- Follow the prompts to sign up for an Orientation session. The session dates you will see are ones available to you based on your academic program.
Family and guests, you can find out more about our orientation programs here.
Forgot your password?
You will need to contact our tech department (ITSS) at 218-726-8847 to reset your password. Ask them to walk you through the password verification process. Afterward, you will be able to log in to register for your Orientation session.
Bulldog Resource Center
1117 University Drive
25 Solon Campus Center
Duluth, MN 55812-3011
Since September 1, 2007, the University of Minnesota Duluth has been tobacco free. As of July 1, 2014, UMD extended its no smoking policy to include a ban on the use of commercial tobacco products and electronic cigarettes on all University property.