You are here
Take the next step to becoming a Bulldog
Register for Orientation
Congratulations on your admission to UMD!Orientation is the next step to becoming a UMD Bulldog and we are excited to have you come to campus and register for your first semester of UMD classes.
Registering for orientation and paying the non-refundable confirmation fee will confirm your enrollment in UMD.
High school students: $150
Transfer students: $100
Family and guests, you can find out more about our orientation programs here.
How to Confirm your Enrollment & Sign Up for Orientation
- Locate your UMD Student ID
- Create a password. Please view the tips on how to create a good password. Keep your password handy, but safe. (Do not share your password with anyone else.)
- Write down your internet ID
Your University email account is the official means of communication at UMD.
The University uses Google Mail (Gmail) as our email platform. Your UMD email address is yourInternetId@d.umn.edu. For example, if your Internet Id were champ021, your email address would be email@example.com.
There are a couple of ways to access your email account:
- You can go to myu.umn.edu, sign in with your UMD Internet ID and password, and click the email icon in the upper right.
- You can go to gmail.umn.edu, sign in with your UMD Internet ID and password.
Check your email regularly and be sure to set a strong password for your account. You can also configure your phone or mobile device to receive email.
Change your Email Domain (if you've been admitted to, are transferring from, or took courses at another U of M campus) Please see this link for information on completing this process. The process typically takes 24 hours or less, other than Friday-Sunday. If it seems like your request has not been received, or if you're not sure what to do, please contact the Twin Cities Helpdesk at 612-301-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log in to UMD's Portal with your internet ID and password. (Your internet ID is everything before the @d.umn.edu).
- Click on Pay my Confirmation Fee.
- Pay the non-refundable confirmation fee.
- Click on Complete My Orientation Reservation.
- Follow the reservation prompts to register for an Orientation session. The session dates you will see are ones available to you based on your academic program.
Forgot your password?
You will need to contact our tech department (ITSS) at 218-726-8847 to reset your password. Ask them to walk you through the password verification process. Afterward, you will be able to log back in to register for your Orientation date.
Bulldog Resource Center
1117 University Drive
25 Solon Campus Center
Duluth, MN 55812-3011
Since September 1, 2007, the University of Minnesota Duluth has been tobacco free. As of July 1, 2014, UMD extended its no smoking policy to include a ban on the use of commercial tobacco products and electronic cigarettes on all University property.