You are here
If you are a victim of sexual assault
The University will provide victims/survivors access to confidential services, support and referrals, as well as assistance in filing a criminal charge (should the victim/survivor choose to do so).
Assistance and support are available both on and off campus, regardless of whether you file a police report. You may speak confidentially about the rape or sexual assault by calling one of the following agencies:
- Program for Aid to Victims of Sexual Assault (PAVSA) | 24-Hour Crisis Line 218-726-1931 | M-F 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m 218-726-1442 | 32 E 1st Street Suite 200, Duluth, MN 55805. PAVSA provides victims/survivors with a PAVSA advocate who is trained to assist victims of sexual assault. Victim advocates are confidential staff and will assist in providing information on the different types of reporting that are available. Advocates will educate victims/survivors in making a decision that is right for them by providing information on the different types of reporting that are available. PAVSA advocates will be available on site at UMD on Monday and Thursday evenings fall and spring semester in the Women’s Resource and Action Center (Kirby Student Center 266) from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- UMD Student Counseling Services | 218-726-7913 | Health Services Building | 615 Niagara Court
- UMD Health Services | 218-726-8155 | Health Services Building | 615 Niagara Court
- The Sand Creek Group | Calls are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
612-625-2820 | 800-243-5744 | firstname.lastname@example.org | The Sand Creek Group, Ltd., 925 E. Superior Street, Duluth
- UMD Women’s Resource and Action Center | 218-726-6292 or (218-726-8444) | Kirby Student Center, Room 266 | PAVSA advocates will be available on site at UMD during WRAC office hours and on Monday and Thursday evenings fall and spring semester.
- UMD Council of Religions Advisors| Campus ministries (with contact information) are found at this link
- St. Luke’s Hospital | 218-249-5555 | 915 East First Street, Duluth, MN 55805
- Essential Health (St. Mary's Hospital) | 407 East 3rd Street, Duluth, MN 55805
- Planned Parenthood of Duluth | 218-786-4357 | 1001 E Central Entrance, Duluth, MN 55811
None of these confidential resources will disseminate your report to others without your consent.
In the case of an emergency anytime, call 911
- UMD Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action | (218) 726-8809 | 219 Darland Administration Building | Darland Administration Building, Room 287 | email@example.com
- UMD Police (218) 726-7000 for non-emergencies | 287 Darland Administration Building
- Title IX at UMD:
- Title IX Coordinator - Jennifer Mencl, Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs | (218) 726-7385 | 426 Darland Administration Building
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator (receives all reports related to sexual misconduct) - Annalisa Peterson, UMD Equal Opportunity Associate (218-726-8809) | 219 Darland Administration Building
- Title IX Designee for Gender Equity in Athletics - Karen Stromme, Associate Director, UMD Intercollegiate Athletics (218-726-7143) |170 Sports and Health Center
- Duluth Police Department (Non-Emergency: 218-726- or 911) | 411 West First Street, Room 104, Duluth, MN 55802
- St. Louis County Sheriff's Office (218) 726-2340 | 100 N 5th Ave W Rm 103, Duluth, MN 55802
- St. Louis County Attorney's Office (218) 726-2323 | 100 N 5th Ave W Rm 501, Duluth, MN 55802