You are here
Equity & Diversity Certificate Program
The Equity and Diversity Certificate is a program developed by the University of Minnesota System’s Office of Equity and Diversity. This ally model series of workshops help participants develop tools necessary for advancing equity and diversity in all aspects of their personal and professional lives. It’s free of charge and open to all faculty and staff on all campuses of the University of Minnesota.
UMD has been building internal capacity to offer this certificate. Thanks to those efforts (supported by all VC units and the Chancellor's Office) we are able to offer all 10 workshops in the Basic Certificate on the UMD Campus.
For details and workshop descriptions PLUS sign up for offerings on the UM, Twin Cities campus - click here
Summer and Fall 2019 Offerings at the UM, Duluth campus:
Click on each workshop title to register
- Challenging Classism - Thursday, August 01, 2019, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Griggs Center (Kirby Student Center 202)-Trainers: Stef Wilenchek and Jeremy Leiferman
- Religious and Spiritual Identities - Friday, August 2, 2019, 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM, Griggs Center (Kirby Student Center 202)-Trainers: Stef Wilenchek and Jeni Eltink
- My Role in Equity & Diversity Work - Thursday, September 5, 2019, 01:00 PM to 04:00 PM, Griggs Center (Kirby Student Center 202)-Trainers: Susana Pelayo-Woodward and Paula Pedersen
- LGBTQIA Identities & Communities -Thursday, September 26, 2019, 1:00-4:00 pm, Griggs Center Kirby Student Center 202) - Trainers: Jeni Eltink and Jeremy Leiferman
- Ableism & Disability Justice - Wednesday, October 09, 2019, 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM, Griggs Center (Kirby Student Center 202) - Trainers: Emily Norenberg and Paula Pedersen
Please click the links above to go to the individual training pages, and log in Training Hub with your X.500 and password, then click the green "Enroll in Course" button to sign up.
OED workshop titles have been updated, please see the attached PDF file for more information.
Below is an image of the old numbering system for your reference.