You are here
UMD COVID-19 Information
- Campus is under extended reduced operations and all facilities are closed to the public and require secured access. Most events through April are cancelled.
- The remainder of the Spring 2020 semester and all Summer 2020 classes will be taught through alternative instruction.
- All employees (including student employees) are required to work remotely. ONLY employees designated as "essential" and instructed to be on campus by their supervisor, can be on campus.
- All non-essential, University sponsored travel, both domestic and international, for faculty, staff, and students is cancelled.
- For students forced to quickly adapt to new learning realities and new financial circumstances, the impact is significant and immediate, especially those who already face financial insecurity. The new University of Minnesota Duluth Student Emergency Fund supports students impacted by COVID-19, helping them gain access to housing, food, tuition, mental health services, and transportation.
The University of Minnesota is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and aligning our actions with all recommended guidelines. For the most up to date information from the University of Minnesota System, visit the systemwide Safe Campus website.
Masks on Campus
The University strongly recommends that all students, staff, faculty, and those visiting our campuses and facilities wear masks when:
- They are indoors in hallways, public spaces, and common areas
- They are working in office settings where physical distancing cannot always be maintained
- They are outdoors, but in crowded situations.
In addition to wearing a mask in applicable situations, it’s imperative to continue other basic, but critically important, prevention measures. These include frequently washing your hands with soap and water, minimizing how often you touch your face, covering your cough and sneeze with a tissue and, above all else, staying home if you feel sick. These easy actions are among the most effective tools we have to maintain the health of everyone in our communities.
All campus offices and departments have suspended face-to-face services and employees are working remotely. Find contact information for a specific unit in the campus directory.
Dining Services: Dining Services has switched to a delivery program that is open to only those still living on campus and international students living off-campus. All venues are closed until further notice. Contact email@example.com, Monday-Friday 8 - 4:30 pm, for support.
Facilities Management: Staff continues to disinfect campus spaces including disinfecting classrooms and securing them with tape on the door to let customers know that these spaces have been disinfected. Please keep out of these spaces unless you have an approved reservation. FM continues to focus on touch point cleaning in all spaces.
ITSS: Call 218-726-8847 and leave a detailed message (phone calls will not be answered directly). Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit an ITSS Service Request form. ITSS has installed outdoor wireless for drive-up use in Pay Lot G by Civil Engineering and Lot B by HCAMS.
Kathryn A. Martin Library: Suspended face-to-face service, not open to the public. Connect with a librarian for assistance 24/7 through AskUs service or reach out to UMD librarians for subject-specific support via their website. To learn more about library services during this time visit Going Online with the Kathryn A. Martin Library.
Undergraduate Admissions: Prospective students and families are encouraged to contact admissions at email@example.com, directly contact their counselor or call 218-726-7171 from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (CST). Admitted students can view all of their next steps. Find current information related to campus visits online. All admission events and visit programs through May 1 are cancelled.
Transportation: DTA routes #18 (Duluth Heights/UMD) and #23 (Central and East Hillside/UMD) are suspended through the end of the academic year.
May 13, 2020
May 12, 2020
May 12, 2020
May 11, 2020
May 10, 2020
May 7, 2020
May 5, 2020
May 5, 2020
April 29, 2020
April 27, 2020