You are here
Pumpkin Carving Contest
Superior Dining's Pumpkin Carving Contest
Rules and Guidelines
UMD Students are encouraged to carve a pumpkin for Halloween. The pumpkins will be judged by Dining Services' Student Ambassadors. The winners will receive prizes and their pumpkins will be on display in Superior Dining on Saturday, October 31, 2020.
How To Register/Participate
1. Buy a pumpkin
- Dining Services will be selling pumpkins from Superior Dining and the Plaza Food Court
- Superior Dining can only accept Dining Dollars or Campus Cash at this time.
2. Carve/Decorate the pumpkin
3. Take a picture of your creation WITH your Student ID (UCard) next to the pumpkin.
4. Submit the picture by emailing (use your University email) UMDdining@d.umn.edu.
5. Submissions will be accepted until 11:59 PM on Wednesday, October 28. Any submissions after that will not be considered.
6. Winners will be announced on October 30th
7. Winners will be asked to drop their pumpkins off on the 30th or 31st so we can proudly display them in Superior Dining.
- You must be an enrolled UMD student
- You must carve/decorate your own pumpkin
- At least part of the pumpkin must be carved (i.e. you can't just paint it. You must also add some carving)
- Only one entry per person
- The submission photo MUST include your Student ID. Photos submitted without Student ID will be not be included in the judging process.
First Place: Basket-O-Goodies (Valuing $60)
Second Place: Basket-O-Goodies (Valuing $40)
Third Place: Basket-O-Goodies (Valuing $20)
Honorable Mention(s): Goodies (Valuing $10)