You are here
A balanced, nutritious diet is at the foundation of a healthy lifestyle. Dining Services recognizes that people are unique with varied palates, so we strive to provide a variety of choices at all of our locations, including healthy and locally procured foods.
Follow our Instagram to learn about nutritious options on campus.
In addition, a Registered Dietitian is employed by Dining Services to assist students in finding a balance in their food choices on campus.
Appointments are free to all UMD students. Contact the Dietitian to set up an appointment.
Emily Diekmann, RD
Phone: (218) 726-7938
Emily is currently taking appointments in-person or via Zoom: Schedule An Appointment with Emily
Nutrition counseling is available for a variety of concerns.
- Diabetes mellitus or impaired glucose tolerance
- Celiac disease, non-celiac gluten sensitivity, and gluten-free diets
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Iron-deficiency anemia
- Vegetarian or vegan diets
- Healthy meal planning
- Weight management
- Disordered eating practices
- Nutrition for exercise and athletic performance
Nutrition & Allergen Information
If you have questions regarding ingredients or nutritional content of foods served on campus, contact the Dietitian.