You are here
Welcome to Disability Resources!
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:45 AM - 4:30 PM
What We Do
- Our office promotes access on campus and coordinates academic accommodations with students who have disabilities and their instructors
- We provide a testing location for students that can include assistive technology, extended time, and/or reduced distraction accommodations based on individual needs
- We work with students to coordinate access to other campus resources (housing, dining, etc.) and offer guidance & support to students
Who We Work With
- Our office works with any student with a disability who needs to arrange academic accommodations for their classes. This includes students who have ADHD, Mental Health Conditions, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Acquired Brain Injury, Physical, Sensory, or Learning Disabilities.
- We also work with students who may have not yet been diagnosed and are in need of more support or resources. We can help connect you with what you may need.
- We envision UMD to be an equitable and inclusive learning environment in which disability is understood to be an aspect of diversity and individuals with disabilities are an integral part of the University community.
Location: 258 Kirby Student Center within the Multicultural Center. See Map
The Office of Disability Resources promotes an equitable and inclusive learning environment by facilitating reasonable and appropriate accommodations, empowering students to become self-advocates, and educating the campus community.