You are here
Biometric Health Screenings
150 Wellbeing Points when completed by August 31, 2020
Biometric health screening is a quick (usually takes 15-20 minutes) and easy way to learn about your health and to help identify risk for certain diseases. However, biometric screening cannot diagnose a condition and is not meant to take the place of regular visits to your primary healthcare provider.
- University of Minnesota faculty and staff covered by Medica's UPlan health insurance
- Graduate Assistants on the Graduate Assistant Health Plan
- Residents, Fellows and Interns on HealthPartners plans through the Office for Student Health Benefits
- Covered spouses under these plans
Tests offered include:
- Total Cholesterol
- HDL and LDL Cholesterol
- Blood pressure
- Blood Glucose
- Body Composition
- For the cholesterol and glucose tests, you must fast (not eat anything) for at least eight hours before your appointment. You may drink water up to the time of the appointment, but other drinks, including coffee, tea, or pop (soda) may interfere with the test and should be avoided.
- Photo ID (for Boynton Screening Clinics)
- Employees - must show your UCard with employee ID number
- Spouses - must show photo ID
3. Must complete by August 31, 2020 to receive wellbeing points.
Biometric Health Screening Options*
There are currently two options available to UMD employees and their spouses covered by UPlan insurance to complete biometric screening: Boynton Health Biometric Screening Clinics or at your doctor's office or health clinic.
1. Boynton Health Biometric Screening Clinics
Registered Nurses (RNs) from Boynton Health travel from the Twin Cities campus to Duluth several times per year to host biometric screening clinics in the Kirby Rafters. Appointment scheduling must be completed online.
- Appointment slots may fill up quickly, so it is important to schedule early.
- If your preferred date is full, Boynton nurses welcome walk-ins, although you might have a short wait.
- If you need to cancel an appointment for a Boynton Health Biometric Screening Clinic, please login to the appointment scheduling page (link above) and choose cancel appointment, allowing the slot to be used for someone else.
- There is no direct cost to you for this screening.
2019-2020 Boynton Health Biometric Screening Clinic Schedule
Note: All Boynton screening clinics are held in the Kirby Rafters from 7:30 am - 10:45 am.
- Thursday, November 21, 2019
- Tuesday, December 17, 2019
- Thursday, January 16th, 2020
- Thursday, February 13, 2020
- Thursday, March 5, 2020
- Tuesday, April 14th, 2020
- Thursday, May 21, 2020
- Thursday, July 16, 2020
- Thursday, August 6, 2020
When you get your screening at a Boynton Health Biometric Screening Clinic, your test results will be sent directly to RedBrick Health. The process may take several weeks before points are awarded and appear in your RedBrick portal.
2. At Your Doctor's Office or Health Clinic
If you wish to use the results from a doctor's office or health clinic visit to report biometric health screening for wellbeing points, download a copy of the RedBrick Health Screening Form by Provider and the instructions. You will need to complete the top portion of the form, and your healthcare provider enters the available results, signs the form, and either you or your provider submits the completed form to RedBrick Health following the instructions on the form or you can upload it directly on the RedBrick Health Portal .
- If you have questions or wonder whether or not Redbrick Health received your provider form, please call RedBrick Health directly at 1.844.724.8636.
- There may be cost incurred for the office visit and/or lab tests, depending on the type of visit. Check with your provider or insurance company.
*UMD WellCare is closed and therefore is not an option for biometric health screening.