You are here
What steps do I need to take to graduate?
In addition to your program's requirements, the following administrative steps may be required to get your degree. Check with your program office.
- Filed a Graduate Degree Plan? (All graduate students)
- Assigned your Examination Committee?
- Applied to Graduate? (All graduate students)
- Initiated Examination Forms?
Here is more information about degree completion steps.
- March 3 - David Bohil, Claire Bieganek, and Cheyenne Bielmeier, Communication Sciences and Disorders MA Candidates
- March 31 - Rebekah Erdman, Music MM Candidate
- September 10 - Justin Verde, Physics MS Candidate
- October 31 - Conor Ronayne, Integrated Biosciences PhD Candidate
- November 19 - Alejandro Fernandez, Geological Sciences MS Candidate
On-campus Resources for Graduate Students
The UMD Writers' Workshop is open to all UMD students, faculty, and staff who would like help improving their writing.
Resources for Non-native Speakers of English
The Academic Writing and Learning Center is pleased to announce study groups for all members of the UMD community who are non-native speakers of English.
Study Groups meet Wednesdays from 5:00 - 6:30p.m. in KAML 213, behind the Writers' Workshop. These study groups are free and not for credit. Participants will practice a variety of skills in a relaxed setting and become more proficient at English overall.
For any questions and to make a reservation (not required), please contact Mia O'Brien at email@example.com or 726-7883.
The Multicultural Center offers a number of different resources and ways for students to get involved. It is both a place to gather and a forum for the educational, political, social, and cultural issues that are important to the students, faculty, staff, and the greater community.
Health Services are available right here on campus to support the physical and mental well-being of UMD students.
Disability Resources promotes access on campus and coordinates academic accommodations with students who have disabilities.
Resources from The Graduate School
|Find out what's going on in the Graduate School.|
Academic, Career & Campus Update (ACCU): Subscribe Here
|Good advising is one of the most important determinants of graduate student and postdoc success and satisfaction.|
Synthesist: Subscribe Here