You are here
COVID Testing at Health Services
UMD Health Services is providing COVID testing. Call to make an appointment, 218-726-8155. Calls are taken M-F, 8am-7pm (Thurs, 9am-7pm).
Health Services will not be doing any COVID testing from 12/19/20-1/3/21.
COVID-19 testing operations on our campuses - with existing resources - will align with guidelines established by the Minnesota Department of Health. Current testing priorities are:
- People with COVID-related symptoms (priority access to students who use campus health services for primary care). Testing for employees is not available at UMD Health Services, please call your primary physician's office.
- Asymptomatic people with known exposure (within 6 feet > 15 minutes) to persons with confirmed COVID-19 (close contacts).
- Asymptomatic persons linked to an ongoing public health investigation in consultation with MDH. This may include testing of groups of students or staff based on residence, educational, extracurricular, or social activity. Broader testing may be warranted in consultation with the MDH in certain situations.
- Asymptomatic people requiring specified types of medical care (at the discretion of the clinician).
- Asymptomatic public utility workers essential to maintain critical infrastructure if requested by utility.
Free COVID-19 Testing at the DECC
The State of Minnesota is now offering free COVID-19 testing 5 days a week at the Duluth Entertainment Convention Center. The hours are:
- Wednesday – Friday, noon – 7 pm
- Saturday – Sunday, 10 am – 4 pm
Any Minnesota resident who believes they need a COVID-19 test can be tested at this site. Insurance is not required, but if you do have insurance, you must bring your insurance information. There is no charge for the test.
Additional Testing Options
CVS is doing drive through COVID testing by appt. You can do an online screening assessment on their website and then an appt can be made. The test is done in their drive up and instructions given, patient collects their own sample with instructions from the pharmacist.