You are here
After arrival in the U.S., students on an F-1 or J-1 visa are required to attend Document Check. Document Check is a procedure that verifies a student’s immigration status to ensure that the student is eligible to start an academic program at the University of Minnesota Duluth for the upcoming academic semester.
Bring the following documents with you to the Bohannon Hall office (BH 209):
- I-20 or DS-2019
- Passport and visa stamp (in your passport)
- I-94 (if you have a paper I-94 - a white card in your passport that was stamped during your immigration inspection, otherwise we will help you find your electronic I-94 online)
- Dependent documents (I-20 or DS-2019, passport, visa stamp, and I-94 card) if you have dependents with you
- Previous school’s I-20 or DS-2019 (if you attended another school in the U.S.)
- University of Minnesota ID number (on your admission letter)
- Sponsor letter (if your tuition & fees are paid directly to the University by a government or international agency)
If you are unable to bring your documents before orientation, please bring your documents to orientation and we can make copies at that time.