You are here
Document CheckAll new students on an F-1 or J-1 visa are required to attend Document Check after their arrival in the U.S. Document Check is a procedure that verifies a student’s immigration status to ensure that the student is eligible to start an academic program at the University of Minnesota Duluth for the upcoming academic semester.
Due to COVID-19 we are doing document check remotely. To complete your document check, once you are in the U.S., please log into MyISSS.
You will need the following:
- I-20 or DS-2019
- Passport and visa stamp (in your passport)
- I-94 (if you have a paper I-94 - a white card in your passport that was stamped during your immigration inspection, otherwise we will help you find your electronic I-94 online)
- Dependent documents (I-20 or DS-2019, passport, visa stamp, and I-94 card) if you have dependents with you
- Previous school’s I-20 or DS-2019 (if you attended another school in the U.S.)
- University of Minnesota ID number (on your admission letter)
- Sponsor letter (if your tuition & fees are paid directly to the University by a government or international agency)