You are here
Apply for PSEO
Eligibility Requirements for Admission:
- All applicants are required to consult with their high school counselor about the suitability of this program before making application.
- Excused absences policy: You are expected to attend all scheduled class meetings. It is your responsibility to plan your schedule to avoid excessive conflict with course requirements. However, there are circumstances that lead to excused student absence from the classroom. See more information about Excused Absences on the Academic Policies website. Any other absences are excused only if the instructor agrees.
- Juniors are required to have a cumulative 3.5 GPA to be eligible for the program.
- Seniors are required to have a cumulative 3.0 GPA to be eligible for the program.
- Applicants must be Juniors or Seniors in Minnesota Schools to participate in the PSEO program.
- Students who have completed the 12th grade are not eligible.
- Foreign exchange students are not eligible.
- PSEO students are not allowed to live in on-campus housing.
- Here is a list of UMD courses commonly taken by PSEO students to fill high school graduation requirements.
UMD Does Not Offer an Online PSEO Program:
- UMD does not offer online courses that fill high school graduation requirements.
- PSEO students must attend classes on the UMD campus.
- PSEO students are not allowed to live on campus.
To Continue in the Program:
- PSEO Students must maintain at least a 2.5 university GPA to continue in the program.
- PSEO students are subject to the UMD Drop/Add schedule.
- Drops after the 10th week of the term are not allowed.
All applicants are required to submit transcripts from every high school, college, or university attended.
Make an appointment with your high school counselor to complete these forms.
- PSEO Application form (Submitted by first time PSEO applicants ONLY).
- PSEO Notice of Student Registration (State Form)
- Balance Sheet-High School Graduation Requirements
- All forms can be scanned and submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: UMD PSEO - 42 Solon Campus Center - 1117 University Drive - Duluth, MN 55812-3000
All application materials must be submitted by these deadlines to be eligible, no exceptions. Materials may be mailed, faxed, emailed, or brought to the PSEO office in Room 42 of the Solon Campus Center.
- Deadline for Fall Term: June 1st (Acceptance letters go out June 8th).
- Fall term: Students are generally notified of acceptance in June and will register for classes in mid August.
- Deadline for Spring Term: December 1st (Acceptance letters go out Dec 8th).
- Spring term: Students are generally notified of acceptance in December and will register in early January.
PSEO Contact Information:
Suzan Gonia - email@example.com
42 Solon Campus Center
Duluth, MN 55812-3000