You are here
Committed to Safety and a Welcoming Environment
The University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) prohibits sexual misconduct in any form. UMD recognizes that sexual harassment, sexual assault, stalking and relationship violence are attacks not only on a person's body but also on the person's dignity. Click here for information on how UMD defines those terms.
UMD's Strategic Plan Goal 2 is to "Create a positive and inclusive campus climate for all by advancing equity, diversity, and social justice." As part of the work to achieve Goal 2, UMD seeks to provide a consistent, caring, and timely response when sexual misconduct occurs within the University community. In addition, UMD is committed to providing students and members of the University community with tools to prevent sexual misconduct from occurring.
This "Responding to Sexual Misconduct" website is designed to be a resource for students, faculty, and staff on issues related to sexual misconduct. The pages provide information about:
- What to do if you are sexually assaulted
- Support and resources available if you are a victim/survivor or someone who has been accused of sexual misconduct
- How to report sexual misconduct
- UMD's policies, procedures, and definitions
- Procedures in place if you are a victim/survivor or someone who has been accused of sexual misconduct
- Ongoing sexual misconduct awareness and prevention efforts and initiatives