You are here
After the update of the University of Minnesota Duluth Strategic Plan at the end of 2017, the Division of Student Life embarked on an update of the 2012-2018 Strategic Plan. Highlights of the process follow.
- The Student Life Strategic Plan update was the focus of the Student Life Directors Team in their summer 2018 retreat.
- In February of 2019, workgroups were formed around five Strategic Plan goal areas (Learning, Cultural Competence, Wellness, The Student Life Experience, and Resources). The workgroup membership was cross-functional and comprised of Student Life staff from different departments. Each workgroup was led by a Student Life Director.
- The workgroups completed their recommendations in May of 2019.
- In summer 2019 the Directors Team reviewed the recommendations of the workgroups and adopted the suggested changes with minimal revisions.
- Feedback about the updated plan was solicited from all Student Life staff and reviewed by the Directors Team in September/October 2019.
- The Student Life Directors adopted the revised plan on October 3, 2019.
A more detailed description of the process is found in this document (pdf).