You are here
Lewis Carroll wrote: "If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there." We know where we are going in Student Life at the University of Minnesota Duluth! Our strategic plans at the divisional, departmental, and committee levels set the course for our work. The Division of Student Life at the UMD has been engaged in strategic planning work since 2011, in concert with the development and implementation of the UMD Strategic Plan. Descriptions of the links on the left follow.
- Progress - We documented all of the work done to develop our strategic plan.
- Goals - Student Life established five goal areas: three relate to the student experience, and two relate to our commitment to excel.
- Presentations - On this site, Vice Chancellor Erwin's presentations on strategic planning and the "state of the Division" are available.
- Process Documents - This page provides links to documents that share the process we used to complete our strategic plan, the annual cycle for planning and assessment, and resources for strategic planning.
- Departmental Plans - Each department in Student Life has their own strategic plan. Those are shared on this site along with annual reports from the last several years.
- Committee Plans - Student Life works with a number of campus committees and groups that contribute significantly to the student experience and Student Life staff professional development. Each committee has its own strategic plan. Those are shared on this site along with annual reports from the last several years.
- Student Life Annual Report - A divisional annual report is shared on this site in an infographic format.