You are here
Study Abroad Sneak Peek!
STUDY ABROAD SNEAK PEEK!
Get informed on everything from the student experience, academics, finances—to tips and tricks on travel from students who’ve been there and done that. There’ll be a drawing for prizes including a FREE $50 study abroad application fee!
Join us on Monday, February 17, 2020, in Kirby Rafters between 4–6 PM to discover the ins and outs of studying abroad. Come prepared to have all your questions answered! Returned students will have information tables showcasing their experiences. We’ll also have tables providing details about locations, including several 2021 Faculty-led study abroad programs. There will be info about study abroad and academics, scholarships, financial aid, campus resources, and tips and tricks about travel and studying abroad. Anyone and everyone are welcome to stop by. There will be snacks, games, fun, and prizes!!!
This event counts as passport credit for both LSBE and CLA students!
You will be given a Sneak Peek Passport at the entrance of the Kirby Rafters. To enter the drawing for prizes you must get your Sneak Peek Passport stamped by each category in the room. Please reference the list below:
- Talk to at least one returned study abroad student
- Talk with an academic advisor from your college (CEHSP, CLA, LSBE, SCSE, SFA)
- Meet with at least one resource table. E.g.
- One Stop / Financial Aid
- Career & Internship Services
- Disability Resources
- U.S. Passport Facility Info Table
- Discover a tip or trick about travel & studying abroad
- Ask a UMD Study Abroad staff member or a short-term Faculty-leader study abroad questions
Once you have earned all your passport stamps you may enter for a chance to win:
- Free Study Abroad Application Fee (Valued at $50)
- Free Passport Photo
- A Scratch-off Map of the world!
- Coffee date with a Peer Advisor to hear all about their study abroad experience
Grab a friend and see you there!