Visibility: Fill Light
1. Find five photos that illustrate the use of fill light.
2. Describe how the fill light alters the shadows in each photo.
3. Each entry should be on its own page.
4. Number entries 1 through 5.
5. All entries will be stamped dated. Do not use clear plastic sleeves.
6. See examples below:
Key light from the right, fill light from the left. Key light provides shape to the face, fill light softens, but does not eliminate shadows.
This is an example of a photo with low fill light on the left and brighter fill light on the right. The key light remains the brightest light in the photo on the building in the background. Fill light is an attempt to control, not illiminate shadows in the foreground.
Submit Photo Example