You are here
Walk-in appointments are welcome at the Workshop, but to ensure that a consultant is available when you arrive, you are encouraged to make an appointment. Consultants are trained to work with all writers on any project, but you may want to select a specific consultant based on that person's background. Additional information about our appointment system and policies:
How do I make an appointment?
- Log onto WCOnline.
- If you have not visited the Writers' Workshop before, you must register before you are able to make an appointment. Click on "Register for an account" above the log-in box and fill out the form. Your answers are confidential, and you only need to register once to log in on your own to make and cancel appointments.
- Once you are logged in, you will see the available schedule. Open appointment timeslots are white. Slots in blue are reserved, and darker blue slots mean that a consultant is not available during that time. A grey timeslot has passed.
- All appointments begin on the hour or the half-hour. For example, if you want sign up for a 30-minute appointment at 10 a.m., reserve the time between 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Click on an open (white) appointment time to open the Reservation window.
- When the Reservation Window opens, you must complete the required information in order to continue. We ask this information to ensure you receive the best possible consultation. This information is considered private and is accessible only to relevant Writers' Workshop staff.
- Please note that appointment lengths include 5 minutes of summary. For example, during a 30-minute appointment, you can expect to spend 20-25 minutes collaborating and 5 minutes reviewing what you discussed during the appointment.
- After completing the form in the Reservation Window, click "Save Appointment" to finish. Your appointment will now appear on the schedule in gold, and you will receive a reminder email with the date and time.
- Get ready for your appointment! Check our page on preparing for a writing session for more information.
How do I cancel an appointment?
If for any reason you must cancel your appointment, it is always best to do so as far in advance as possible so others know the time slot is available. You may call the Workshop at 218-726-8500 to cancel; however, if there is not a staff member available, your cancellation may be missed and you could be marked as a no-show. If your account is marked with three no-show appointments, you will have to make future appointments in person because the online system will not allow you to reserve appointment times for the remainder of the semester. The most effective cancellation method is through the scheduling software:
- Log into WCOnline
- Locate your appointment on the schedule.
- Select your appointment to open the reservation window.
- In the reservation window, scroll to the bottom and locate the check box labeled "Cancel this Appointment"
- Your appointment is now canceled.