Academic Affairs Council
November 16, 2010
Present: Fay Maas, Jiyoon Yoon, Georgia Keeney, Lynette Carlson, Bruce Munson (ex officio)
- PETE 3505
- Add in Section 2 an explanation of how this is a separate course from the other Teaching Outdoor Skills class, PETE 3507.
- Needs to initiate a program change if both classes are required for major.
- Department might consider clarification of titles for PETE 3505, PETE 3507, REC 1201, 1202, 1203, 1204
- Provide clarification on prerequisites, including whether a comma is intended after PE 1508 and whether all courses are required.
- Will PETE 3505 will now be a prerequisite for PETE 3507.
- Schedule needs to reflect that additional experiences/trips are required.
- Add to catalog description to clarify that other experiences and field trips are required that do not fit normal class times.
- Modify #26 C and D so that the Outcome is stated in measurable terms, ie. “Demonstrate coaching skills…” and provide an assessment that is appropriate to the measurement, such as “Evaluate coaching skills….”
- It was noted that workload hours are proposed that exceed contact hours because of the additional activity time required
- Unanimous approval with minor changes.
- Probation and Dismissal policy
- The draft policy on probation and dismissal that has been discussed through a campus committee convened by Jackie Millslagle and Bilin Tsai.
- The committee discussed how and when GPA may be used as a gate keeper to ensure quality in upper division major