CEHSP Quick Links
CEHSP Resource Offices
Through a partnership with Google, University of Minnesota students, faculty, and staff can access a suite of Google-powered communication and collaboration tools designed to enhance our ability to work together. The suite includes e-mail, calendar, document sharing, instant messaging, and Web site publishing tools.
- If a student is called to active duty and wishes to withdraw from UMD, we will work with that student to remove him or her from classes and to get tuition and other financial issues resolved. The student will need to submit a copy of his or her military orders and will be asked to complete a retroactive tuition petition. As a general rule, the petition will be approved at a 100% refund unless there are negative financial aid implications for the student. The student will be advised as to what would be the most beneficial for his or her situation.
- If a student wishes to continue his or her registration status while on
duty, two options exist. The student may wish to inquire about incompletes
for his or her coursework instead of canceling, particularly if he or she
is receiving financial aid. With the concurrence of the professor in charge
of the course, a student can be granted an incomplete. We encourage faculty
to explore this alternative for the student to complete the work. The professor
and the student must agree on and file with the department a plan for completion.
students are called to active military duty, and reach agreement
with their instructor(s) to take an incomplete, they will have
up to one
calendar year following their discharge from active duty to
complete any incompletes.
some students may wish to try to complete the work while on active
- If no agreement can be reached for an incomplete or for completing
the work then the student should file for withdrawal from the course.
- The student must contact his or her college office when he or she is ready to return to the University of Minnesota Duluth if he or she has been away more than two semesters.
- For specific issues or questions, please contact the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Support and Student Life, 726-8501.